Tekken 7 is the latest installment of Tekken series by Tekken Production. The title is a 3D fighting video game and Tekken gaming franchise was launched in 1994. Over the years, it grew into an epic fighting game with lots of features, characters and modes.
Tekken 7 is also among the very few games to receive a 10/10 rating from well-known gaming critics like Kotaku, IGN, Eurogamer etc. Betting on this title largely started in December 2017, and it’s still live in several online casinos that offer Tekken betting on their official website too.
The first question regarding Tekken betting would be “Can I Bet On Tekken 7? Can someone place bets on Tekken 7 at all?”
The answer is simple: Yes!
There are bookmakers who believe in the potential of this title and offer odds on Tekken’s real tournaments or virtual matches. Let’s go into more detail in our own Tekken Betting Guide.
Tekken 7 Gameplay
The importance of knowing the game mechanics in order to bet successfully.
The gameplay in Tekken is quite simple. Two fighters battle in an arena, with the first individual to reduce their opponent’s life bar to zero winning the round. In a nutshell, Tekken 7 focuses on 1v1 combat.
The game has a large variety of characters to choose from, each with their own specific characteristics and play styles.
Fights in Tekken relies on performing a variety of different attacks. These can be strung into combos which you can manipulate by using your opponents moves or with jumping. Keeping your attacks in one combo chain for a while without letting go of your opponent is the best way to win.
Tekken 6 introduced the ‘Rage’ mechanic: when a character’s health drops low enough, they start glowing red and their moves start doing more damage. This mechanic gave competitive play even more appeal, as players facing imminent defeat can mount quick and effective comebacks.
Tekken 7 introduced:
- “Rage Arts” special cinematic attacks which can be used during a character’s ‘Rage’ state and deal tremendous damage to enemies.
- “Power Crushes” – a mechanic that lets fighters absorb damage from mid or high attacks without being interrupted.
- “Screw hits” – a flying move that causes an opponent to land on their back in a frog-like position. A screw attack enables the player to extend a juggle combo, just like the bound system does..
Most fighting game characters have a rage mode that enhances their existing moves to the point that they can become more powerful than their regular attacks.
Tekken Betting Options
All the different types of bets available for Tekken 7
There aren’t many sportsbook websites that offer betting on Tekken matches. After all, Tekken is not as popular when compared to the more well-known esports games like LoL, Dota, or CSGO. Still, you could indeed find a few esports betting sites offering odds on Tekken, and usually most wagers happen during big tournaments.
Bets on Tekken are accepted for two fighter matches. The game count is 9 rounds, with the first player to 5 wins being the victor.
The most common types of bets on Tekken are as follows:
- Match Winner. The player that will win the 1v1 match. This kind of bet is one of the easiest to make in Tekken. The lower the odds, the more likely you are to win.
- Round Winner. The player that will win a given round or duel.
- Round Duration (Over; Under). How long you think the round will be. You can bet on the amount of time that a round will go for. The number is calculated by subtracting 80 from the number at which the timer stops. For example, if the countdown stops at 45, the duration of the round is 80-45=35 seconds.
- Tournament Winner. The player that will win the whole tournament. This bet can be more risky, as you need to have a thorough understanding of the players and their skills, and can usually only be wagered before the tournament starts.
- Total (Over; Under). The total of all the rounds played. You will be able to bet whether the total number of rounds will be over or under a certain number.
- Fighter’s total (Over/Under). The total rounds of a given Fighter/Player. You will be able to bet whether the total number of rounds won by a Fighter / Player is over or under a certain number.
- Fighter’s handicap (Over; Under). In handicap bets, you take some points from the favorite and give them to the underdog when there is a skill difference between the two opponents. Simply mean that you add or subtract points from a player and then look at the final score.
- Total Rounds (Odd, Even). The total number of rounds will be Odd or Even.
Others Special Bets, where you can wager on certain events occurring in the game, for example:
- Longest Combo. The player with the longer combo in the match.
- First Combo. The player that will initiate the first combo.
- First Attack. The player that will attack first.
Odds for Tekken 7 Betting
The esports odds represent a person or team’s likelihood of winning, so when you make bets you should always be sure to find a responsible esports betting site with fair odds.
There are various types of Odds:
However, decimal odds are the most commonly used.
What you need to know about decimal odds is that: The lower the odds, the likelier you’ll win but your payout will be small. The higher the odds, the riskier it will be but your reward should increase.
To learn more about odds, please read our guides: How to Read Betting Odds and How To Convert American Odds To Decimal & Back.
Obviously understanding How Esports Betting Odds Are Calculated by bookmakers will give you that extra edge to win while betting on Tekken.
Tekken 7 Best Tournaments
What are the most famous Tekken 7 tournaments?
Tekken World Tour
Tekken World Tour is the Tekken World Championship series which started from 2017 and it will continue to be held annually by BANDAI NAMCO Ent. The Tekken World Tour will feature Tekken 7 tournaments held at various participating arcades, conventions & esports festivals around the world.
EVO Series Events
The Evolution Championship Series (or commonly known as EVO) is an annual event exclusively for fighting games. Tekken is one of the most important games at EVO; it has been featured in every single EVO event since its inception.
Betting on Tekken Tournament vs Virtual Tekken
There are not always Tekken tournaments in place. And if a tournament is not important enough, then it may be ineligible for betting from bookmakers.
For this reason some bookmakers, such as Unikrn and 1xBet, offer bets on virtual matches of Tekken. These matches are computer-generated and there’s no human player behind the characters in-game.
Virtual esports betting is becoming more popular in bookmakers, especially for less popular games or during times with few events.
Tekken 7 Betting Tips
#1 Understand the Game
In order to be successful betting on esports, you should understand the dynamics of the game. If you like video games, try playing Tekken; otherwise follow streamers on Twitch or Youtube, read guides, watch tutorials, stay updated with new releases and updates. The more you know about the game and are informed of updates during development/release stages of upcoming changes in gameplay; your likelihood for winning becomes higher.
#2 Follow the Esports scene
As an esport, following the Tekken scene is essential to betting on real-world tournaments and players. Look for players and teams statistics and previous performances, follow them on social media, check their strategies, especially those put in place for the tournament in question, etc. Staying up to date with Tekken Esports scene is one of the best tips we can give you.
#3 Set a Budget for your bets
Keep in mind that every time you bet your capital it is at risk. You should carry a budget for how much you are willing to wager, and stick to that. If you are beginner, start with smaller bets and see what works best for you.
#4 Find the right bookmaker
Choose trustworthy, well-known and reliable bookmakers with licenses. Check out their Terms and Conditions, the odds they offer, welcome bonuses, reviews and make a wise choice.
#5 Understand the odds
As mentioned before, understanding the odds is key – you will understand your change of winning and how much you will get to back if you win.
#6 Try different type of bets with higher payout
There are many different ways to bet on the outcome of a game, but is often not the winner who nets you the most profit. Once you feel comfortable with betting on round or match winners, try different types of bets: It will yield more interesting games and provide greater profits.
#7 Have fun
As a last tip, have fun while betting on Tekken. The moment the fun stops, stop betting!