Esports Betting UK
If you’re new to the world of esports then you may not know that betting on video games is becoming hugely popular across the world. Increasing numbers of UK punters are recognising that they can find really good value, as well as plenty of entertainment, by betting on esports like CSGO, Dota 2 or League of Legends. If you want to find out more about esports betting for UK players then you’re in the right place.
In this article, we’ll tell you all about the type of esports betting UK punters can do. You’ll discover that esports is competitive video gaming that is watched by millions of people, and that games like CSGO and Valorant are popular with fans and punters. We’ll also tell you about the various types of bet that you can place, and that putting together a strategy for esports betting in the UK is very similar to betting on more mainstream sports. Read on to find out more!
What are Esports?
So what are esports? Before we go any further in telling you about the type of esports betting UK punters can do it is probably wise to pause and tell you exactly what we mean by esports. Esports is basically competitive video gaming, where teams of players take each other on in leagues and tournaments for prize money. Spectators can watch the contests live at the venues where they are taking place or via live streams.
Popular Esports Games
So what video games are played competitively on the esports scene? As you might expect, if you’re esports betting in the UK then there are specific games that have a well-established structure of tournaments and teams in place. Here are some of the more popular games on which you can place wagers if you’re looking to place some esports UK bets.
Counter Strike: Global Offensive is probably the most popular game for esports betting. This first person shooter game involves two teams taking each other on, with one trying to plant a bomb and the opponents attempting to foil their dastardly plot.
Defense of the Ancients 2 is another enduringly popular esports game that usually offers plenty of opportunities to fans of esports betting in the UK. The game started life as a mod for Warcraft and has taken on a life of its own.
Sports simulation games are becoming more popular as vehicles for esports teams to test themselves against each other. It is no surprise then that the FIFA series of games has proved popular with esports teams.
Another sports simulation game that is popular on the esports scene is NBA 2K. This basketball game actually has a league where the teams have the same names as real NBA teams.
Valorant is a relatively new release from 2020 that is already gaining traction as a popular game for esports enthusiasts. Many teams have already adopted the game, and this first person shooter looks like being a staple of the esports betting UK scene for many years to come.
What is Esports Betting?
So now you know a bit more about what esports are, how do you go about betting on esports. If you want to do some esports betting in the UK then there is a growing number of bookies offering markets. The type of esports betting UK punters can do is not vastly different to how you would bet on conventional sports. Here are some types of wager that you can place when you are doing some esports betting in the UK.
How to Bet on Esports – Putting Together a Winning Strategy
If they want to be successful at esports betting UK punters should follow many of the same principles that apply to successful betting on other sports. While nothing in betting ever guarantees a win, there are some simple things that anyone can do to boost their chances of placing winning bets. We’ll outline a few of them here for you.
- Know the esports games as well as possible – play them yourself to get to know them better.
- Stay up-to-date with all the latest esports news – use social media and sites like Reddit to help you with this.
- Have a thorough understanding of how odds and different types of bets work.
- Place a series of smaller bets rather than just one or two massive ones – you are sure to experience the thrill of winning more often this way!
- Always keep a close eye on your bankroll so that you make the right decisions about when and how much to bet.
- Make sure you stay calm and in control – never bet when you are feeling angry or frustrated as this will reduce your ability to make good decisions.
Where can I do some Esports Betting in the UK?
There is a growing range of options available to you now if you want to bet on esports. UK punters can place esports wagers at mainstream bookies, with Betway and Bet365 two good options to consider. Betway are so serious about esports that they actually sponsor an esports team in the shape of Ninjas in Pyjamas.
You are not limited to mainstream bookies, of course, and there is a growing choice of esports specialist bookies out there. Names on this list include the likes of GG.bet and Unikrn, but there are others out there. It is also a good idea to check on what Pinnacle can offer.
You should always check a few important things before you open an account at any kind of online bookie, whether you are betting on esports or on other kinds of sport. Spotting the right bookmaker does not require any special skills – there are some simple things to watch for and we’ll outline these for you in the next section of this article.
How to Find a Good Bookmaker for Esports Betting
If they want to enjoy some esports betting, UK punters now have a growing range of options when it comes to online bookies. If they want to find the best esports betting sites, UK punters should look out for the following features of an online bookie.
- Make sure a good range of esports games is covered, you do not want to get bored just betting on the same games all the time – a bit of variety is good. You should also be able to place an extensive range of types of bet.
- Check that the site holds a licence from a gambling regulatory body like the UKGC – this will help reassure you about matters like safety and security. If you can’t see the licence on the homepage check with customer services.
- See if there is a mobile app as this makes betting much simpler on your mobile phone – betting through your device’s browser can often be a somewhat pedestrian experience in comparison to using a well-designed app.
- A good welcome bonus is always nice to receive in return for opening an account, so have a look at the bookie’s promotions page to see if any extra bets or tempting chunks of bonus betting credit are available. Compare a few different bookies to assess the full range of betting offers UK esports punters can claim.
- There should always be a good range of payment methods for you to use for depositing funds and withdrawing any winnings from your account.
- Customer service should always be polite, efficient and easy to reach. Being able to use live chat and email should be standard, and having a phone number available for more complex enquiries is useful too.
When it comes to esports online betting, UK punters can benefit from a growing range of options. Mainstream bookies like Bet365 and Betway now offer markets on popular esports games like CSGO, Dota 2 and NBA 2K, and you can also bet at a growing range of esports specialist bookies. If they want to enjoy some esports betting UK punters are pretty well served these days!
If you‘re looking for the best betting site UK punters can find for esports betting then you need to make sure that the site offers good customer service, an extensive range of esports betting options and some secure payment methods. A mobile app is a nice plus too! Esports should always be fun and entertaining, so make sure you boost your chances of enjoyment as well as a success by backing up your bets with good esports knowledge and always staying in control of your bankroll!
Esports Betting UK FAQs
Yes, it is legal to bet on esports in the UK if you are wagering at a properly licensed bookmaker and are over the age of 18. You can find plenty of markets for esports betting in the UK at bookies like Bet365 and Betway.
Any online sportsbook offering markets for esports betting must hold a licence from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC). This is the body that regulates all sports betting of any kind in the UK and it is one of the strictest regulatory bodies in the world. All licence holders are regularly audited in order to ensure that they are adhering
If you’re looking for the best esports betting sites that UK punters can use then Betway and Bet365 are two of the top mainstream bookies for esports betting. There is a growing number of other bookies that offer esports markets too, or you can check out esports bookmakers like GG.bet and Unikrn.
While not all UK bookies offer punters the chance to bet on esports yet the number that do is growing all the time. You will be able to find an esports section at a wide variety of UK online bookmakers nowadays, and you should check the choice on offer before you commit to opening an account anywhere.
If you want to bet on esports in the UK then you should check your favourite online bookie to see what range of markets they offer. Mainstream bookies like Bet365 and Betway are no offering an increasing range of markets for esports betting in the UK, but you can also bet at esports specialist sites like GG.bet and Unikrn.